Sunday, September 11, 2011

Could YOU Live In a Tiny House?

Recently, my sister recommended that I check out the Design Happens blog created by the geniuses at HGTV.  Immediate obsession.  Those people are amazing; I'm so baffled why some people are born with these incredible talents...and then theres the rest of us ("a festivus for the rest of us!").


Design Happens is full of home decorating, DIY, places to shop, freebies, and renovation tips and ideas; but what is intriguing me most right now is an article about tiny houses.  A house can qualify as "tiny" if it under 500 square feet and is fully functional (it must have a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and living area).  I believe I know people who have closets bigger than this.  


Here is an example of a tiny house, built by The Tumbleweed Tiny House Company.  It's so darling, but so little.  

By living in a tiny house, not only would you clearly save on utilities bills, but you also don't have a mortgage! Amazing!  Tiny houses typically cost between $12,000 and $90,000.  You pay for the house upfront and thats it! Uh hello, why didn't I know about this before!?  

I wonder where tiny houses are located, I'd really like to actually go into one, maybe even stay in one.  By myself.  I mean, can you imagine if I brought Elvis with me? Unpretty picture.

HGTV held a contest between 3 designers who were each responsible for creating a tiny house. Check out the pictures, it is truly unbelievable what these people can do! Tiny Little Houses.

2 comments:

  1. Elvis needs a 500 sq ft house just for himself!! I think you should build a "tiny house" on your land... that way when Bailey comes for a sleepover, Ryan has his own house to go to, instead of just the basement, hahaha!

    Dont you LOOOOOVE Design Happens?! They have all kinds of great stuff on there and it's very you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Bailey needs one of these as a play house for when she comes over to be "sisters with us."

    and oh yes, I LOVE that blog! and pinterest, do you do pinterest?

    ReplyDelete