Monday, August 29, 2011

Meg Kelly ventures South

Have you ever met anyone from New Jersey? Have you ever even just heard somebody from New Jersey speak?!  I have, its not very pleasant.  But! I've also found the one exception, and its name is Meg Kelly.  Meg Kels is a cute, normal girl she just happens to share a state with Snookie.  I've always wondered if one day Meg Kelly will wake up and decide to go buy a bump it.  


I've promised an update on Meg Kelly's adventure to the South, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested in reading about how we drank some wine, drank some margs, then drank some more wine.  But, I did take lots of pictures that need to be put to good use.  So here is an abbreviated version of a fantastic weekend with my best JMU BFF.


It all started with Meg Kelly arriving and immediately exclaiming that she thought I had sent her down a road to get killed...the dirty dirty didn't know what to expect of Greene County...


....So we had a glass of wine, from a rather large bottle.  It was called like Penguin Snow, or something equally as a strange for wine; but, it turned out to be a smooth Pinot Noir.  Who knew!?






Saturday morning we took a walk and talk through the 'hood.  Not really the hood, I mean I'm not down with that.  Too bad I didn't take any pictures, but we walked to a nice little farm down the road.


Afterwards, we rewarded ourselves with a pool day!  Rough life.


Friday night (and by night, I mean we began at 4ish) consisted of good friends, good margaritas, and delicious pizza.  You know that feeling when you've had a few drinks and you can't really remember really easy things?! This is how we felt making super simple pizzas....it was just so hard to remember how to make pizza.  However, they turned out amazing (at least we think so...).  We made a chicken florentine pizza and a bacon, bleu cheese, and pear pizza (sound weird? its not).  After accomplishing such a difficult task, we rewarded ourselves with...more alc and a dance party.


Saturday was our big wine day.  Stone Mountain Vineyard is Ryan and I's new favorite spot.  You have to travel through Bacon Hollow and up Flattop Mountain to reach the vineyard, and that is no easy feat.  Bacon Hollow is a different world, and Flattop Mountain is just down right scary.  Jerze girl was not a happy camper on that ride. But, its so worth it when you get to the top.  On a clear day you can see 4 counties (idk which ones, I tried asking the wine lady but she didn't know).  It wasn't clear when we went up, but we still got a pretty great view of the surrounding land.


We went through the wine tasting, opting for the more expensive one, then settled at a table outside with a bottle of the Chardonnay. Thus began the Great Feast.  We had enough to feed all of Africa...for four people.  As we wined and dined, it began to rain; but that didn't deter us, we just moved our table under the overhang and continued our gluttony.  Three bottles later, we were ready to buy a 4th, and final, bottle before heading back down the mountain.  But there was one problem: the wine lady cut us off.  Some jibberjabber about ABC laws. Humphh.  NBD. We hopped in the ol' jeep and danced to Britney back down the mountain.  IDK what those folks in the Bacon Hollow thought of us as we drove down the road jamming to Britney...


Back home the wine continued to flow until about 7:30 at which point, it was lights out.  I can't say we all lasted until 7:30, but I'm not naming names ;)


Sunday morning brought a sad, sad day.  Meg Kelly had to make her journey back north, and I was none too happy; our weekend had flown by and I still had like 384,746 things I wanted to show her (hellooo, I obvi wanted to take her to see the goats at Yoder's, bc idk if they even have goats in the Jerz).  But off she went, back to the land of bumpits and scarily fake tans.  


But she'll be back, and if YOU come to Greene...see how much fun we can have?!


1 comment:

  1. obvi my favorite post to date.

    ...if it had pictures...

    ReplyDelete