Monday, August 8, 2011

Jerk Chicken Summer Salad with French Herb Vinaigrette

You know I'm all about simple. Salad=simple.  We're back on a health kick this week (got a little off track the last few days) which means we pretty much only eat salad for din.  Salad can get so boring, but only if you're not creative! I love trying new things with salads and making homemade dressings.  This time of year is the best for salads; there are endless combinations of vegetables and meat you can use.  I'm so appreciative for all the homegrown veggies we've been given- they taste absolutely wonderful in salads.  I've discovered an excellent new vegetable this summer: edamame.  I had heard of it before but thought it was something weird that like, vegans, would eat (on that note, how do people do vegan?! I'd never survive it), but its actually similar to peas.  Sometimes I eat it as a snack, so good.


Anyways, stay focused Court, I made this salad and vinaigrette tonight; it was refreshing and, duh, real easy.  


Jerk Chicken Summer Salad with French Herb Vinaigrette

Ingredients for Salad:
Grilled chicken
Jerk Seasoning (put on chicken before and during grilling)
Fresh Veggies (I used avocado, green pepper, onion, edamame, shredded carrots and tomatoes)
Fresh lettuce/prepackaged salad (I admit, I totes use the prepackaged kind)

Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup EVOO
1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp minced garlic
A few dashes each of: parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper
Juice from 1/4 a lemon

An effortless dinner in a cinch!

 French Herb Vinaigrette.  Don't forget to shake really well!
Delicious.


The salad would pair well with this wine.  One of my favs, this is the Chardonnay Reserve from Stone Mountain.



Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment