Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our simple Father's Day lunch

Hope and JJ stopped by today on their way home from DC (no, GC is not on the way home from DC at all...but, ya know...) so we had a little Father's Day lunch for JJ.  It was so good and more importantly, so easy.


I'm not really sure what to call the sandwiches I made, so:


Gourmet Turkey Sandwiches (if you can think of something better, please give me some help)


Ingredients:


Boar's Head Honey Smoked Turkey
Avocado, thinly sliced
Roma Tomatoes, thinly sliced
Vermont Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Sprouts
Bacon
Some kind of fancy bread (we used Harris Teeter's Kaiser rolls)


1. Cook the bacon
2. Arrange turkey, bacon, and cheese on the rolls (the cheese should be on top of the turkey and bacon
3. Leaving the rolls open (in other words, don't put the top half on), bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
4. Add avocado, tomatoes, sprouts, mayonnaise and mustard
5. Put on a pretty platter (or even better: a monogrammed plate if you have one ;) ) and enjoy!


I bought some Parmesan, Garlic, and Olive Oil waffle chips and put them in a pretty bowl to go with the sandwiches.  I totally recommend putting some chips on your sandwich-yummmm.









Dessert was even more simple: Breyer's Extra Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream with sliced peaches on top.  BTW- do you know how expensive ice cream is?! OOC.  I guess someone is trying to tell the world that we are all too MO (how 'bout them abbrev's vanessa? pGb and lyb!)


ANYWAYS. I'm really not supposed to eat ice cream, but today I did in honor of JJ, and boy, was it good.



DSC_7198.JPG.jpg


Alright, I'm done rambling. I want to leave you with a picture of the most presh thing in the world. 

Bobaby:




No comments:

Post a Comment