Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lilly Pulitzer

I can't let a Spring pass by without going to The Pink Palm and ogling over all of the dresses I want.  Of course, realistically I can only buy one each year.  But this year was different.  This year I went a little crazy.  This year I bought TWO Lilly's... and a belt.  Bye bye hard earned Fun Club money.


I went into the store thinking I'd buy a dress for an upcoming engagement party we are going to. I found 8 dresses, to be exact, that matched my want.  Problem.  And as usual, the lady working was no help- if she had it her way, I would have bought all 8.


As I tried on my chosen 8 and the Lilly Lady oooh'd and aaahh'd over each one, I found one that I really liked and that fit me well.  In comes the belt:  Lilly Lady raved over how great the dress looked...but how it would look just sooo much better with the Lilly Woven Belt.  Thanks a lot, Lilly Lady, as if I really needed another belt to add to my collection (of which I only regularly wear ONE!). 



91434_starburstyellowstamped_xlarge.jpg



(This belt is not the one I bought.  The next picture is of the woven belt I was coerced into buying :))


lilly-pulitzer-saks-fifth-avenue-belts-sullivan-straw-belt.jpg

(super cute, right?)




I decided on the above, beautiful yellow Sully dress and was ready to hand over my (not always so trusty) blue Wachovia card (you know the one, you probably have it too), when suddenly! Wah-lah! Lily Lady appears again with yet ANOTHER dress! And just my luck...it was the same Sully cut, and was immediately the object of my desire. What's a girl to do?!





lilly-pulitzer-day-dresses-sully-dress.jpg





Unnecessarily-long story short: I bought both dresses. Problem solved.  Now, let's just hope I get good use out of each one :)

4 comments:

  1. i can totally picture this entire situation happening. love your narration :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megan! It was quite an...adventure in financial ruin ;) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre not that popular yet. it's megkelly. not a stranger :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. buzz, your girlfriend...woof.

    i mean who is megan?!

    ReplyDelete